- Yarn is a great material for a variety of projects. Go beyond knitting and crochet, and use it for wall hangings, weaving and even embroidery.
- Organise your supplies by how you use them, not necessarily by type or colour. Keep your most used tools handy at arm’s reach, and store extras like refills out of view.
- When using paints and inks make the most of them by using the excess to prep other projects.
- A piece of string + mini clothespins + two nails make the start of a garland or bunting
- Turn old t-shirts into yarn for crochet, knitting and more (see number 1)
- Keep a folder close by with large scraps of paper, and use them up!
- Re-purpose supplies from other crafts – for example I used templates made for sewing to cut out shapes for a paper bunting.
- Always have a stash of washi tape. You’ll be amazed at all the things you can use it for
- Speaking of washi tape, here’s a quick trick for getting straight cut washi edges on a scrapbook page.
- Need to make sure a word fits squarely in the space you have? Start adding your letter stickers or stamped letters from the end of the word, and work backwards.
Got any favourite craft tips to share? Let us know in the comments below
P.S. If you loved these craft tips and want more, sign up to get my weekly e-mail.