We’re halfway through the year, and while we might be tempted to look at our yearly goals, to-do lists, and other markers to see how much we’ve achieved, I have a different question for you. How is your self-care? What have you been doing to look after yourself lately?
Now might be a good time to take a deep breath, and add some self-care practices to your life. Some ideas:
- Get a lovely bouquet for your home
- Schedule in 30 minutes to read a book
- Light a candle while having a cup of tea
- Make and enjoy a cold non-alcoholic cocktail
- Listen to an audio book while doing the dishes or laundry
- Go for a walk in the early morning, or after lunch
- Most importantly:
While it’s clear that crafts and making art are self-care, sometimes it can also become more about getting things done, than just the pure pleasure of creating. So I invite you to make something just because you love to make, and not with a particular purpose in mind.